Last Updated Nov 1, 2019
- the personal information we may collect from you when you visit our Website, respond to our emails, place orders via mail or fax, use our mobile applications, place orders through social media applications (such as our Facebook App), use our e-Gifting Service or otherwise contact us via telephone, text (SMS, MMS), email, fax or mail (collectively, our “Service”),
- why we gather information from you,
- how we collect it,
- how we use it (including with whom we may share it), and
- the choices you have regarding our use of, and your access to and correction of, personal information you have provided.
You must be 18 years or older and the age of majority in your place of residence to use, subscribe or register as a member. The Service is a general audience site and we do not knowingly collect, maintain or disclose personal information from or about children under 13 years of age.
Why do we gather information?
What information do we gather?
Depending on how you interact with us, we collect some or all of the following types of information:
- your name, address, telephone number, email address, user ID and contact information.
- billing information (credit/debit card number, expiration date, CVV code, alternate or additional billing information and billing address).
- gender and birth date, if you choose, or are otherwise required to, enter such information, and interests.
- products purchased and occasion type (for example, Valentines’s Day).
- any promotion or gift card code and related information (for example, if you are claiming frequent flyer miles).
- Message and gift recipients’ names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses.
- device information – information about your mobile device, including platform information, user identification number and device location.
- application information – application information, including which of your applications are used, how your applications are used and the duration of use of your applications.
- network information – network information, including IP address, network carrier and country code, browsing information, such as how you interact with the Services.
Members may also add to their Address Book the name, address and telephone number of friends or other persons to whom they may wish to send gifts or expressions. Other Members do not have the right to view and edit your Address Book entries.
How do we collect information from you?
- In general.
We collect information through our Website, emails, mail, fax, telephone, mobile devices and applications and social media applications (such as our Facebook App) including when you:
- visit our Website and use our Service,
- place an order,
- participate in our forums, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, promotions, content submissions, chats, bulletin boards, discussion groups, requests for suggestions, and membership registrations, and
- engage in other activities, services, products and resources we make accessible to our customers, members or users.
The information may be provided directly to us by you when placing an order or participating in a survey, etc. , or, as is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, device information, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data to analyze trends and administer the Website. This information may be collected by us even if an order, registration, or other process is started but not completed or is otherwise cancelled.
- How we use “Cookies” and “Action Tags.”
We have relationships with third parties who may collect or receive information directly from the cookies placed by our Service on your computer to assist in analyzing our business and customers.
Our Service may also use a common web technology called “action tags” (also called single pixel gifs or web beacons) to track purchase, usage and other web activity information. Action tags may be used to provide data to third parties for tracking purposes. In addition, third parties may set their own cookies and tags through our Service (such as through interest-based advertising, described below). We do not control such third parties or their privacy practices. If you do not want third parties to be able to use such methods, you should modify your browser settings to limit such access.
- Interest-based advertising.
- Our Services. We collect data from you for use in interest-based advertising when you use our Service. Other companies may serve interest-based advertisements on our Service. We comply with the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as administered by the Digital Advertising Alliance ( aboutads.info).
- Other Services. Advertisements for our products and services may appear on third party websites around the Internet. Some websites and services deliver these advertisements based upon data that has been previously collected about your past behavior online. For example, if you have viewed websites about gift baskets, these websites or services may display to you an advertisement for our gift baskets. This kind of targeted advertising is sometimes called interest-based or online behavioral advertising. It is generally not based upon your personal information (such as your name or email address), but rather, upon your online activities. We do not control such third party websites or services on which these advertisements appear. Further, we do not control how they collect and use data about your online activities.
- Consent. You may opt-out of being tracked online by certain companies who are listed at www.aboutads.info/choices/ OR www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and may also learn more about online behavioral advertising at such websites. If you opt-out, you will still receive generic advertisements, but they will not be delivered to you by such companies from whom you have opted out based upon your behavioral data possessed by the companies from whom you have opted-out. This process relies upon an opt-out cookie, for each browser and each device, so if you delete your cookies or use a different computer, you will have to repeat this process. We do not respond to or honor “do not track” (a/k/a DNT) signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
- Push Notifications.
As a user who has downloaded our Company’s mobile application, we may from time-to-time send you push notifications to your device in order to communicate with you and advise you of current offers and promotions. To ensure that you receive timely notification of such communications and promotions, we need to collect certain information from your device as indicated above. If at any time you do not wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off at the device level.
- Mobile Analytics.
We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Company’s mobile application on your device. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, usage, performance data, and the source from which the application was downloaded. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information you submit within the mobile application.
How we use/share the information we collect
We use information we collect to communicate with you, to process your orders, to improve our products and services (such as by responding to your feedback), to conduct research (such as statistics on favorite — i.e., most ordered — products), to provide an enhanced and more personalized shopping experience (for instance, to provide event reminders, such as birthdays), to inform you and your gift recipients of offers and discounts from the Carolynvintage.com ® family of brands and Company Affiliates, and to enable you to receive credits for purchases under loyalty or buying programs which you have joined.
We may also use your information, as necessary or appropriate in our view, to operate the Service, process orders or registrations, to conduct promotions, contests, and sweepstakes you participate in.
In addition, as provided below, the Company may use or share your data with both affiliated and unrelated third parties, for the purposes so identified.
- Affiliate Data Sharing.
- Sharing with Others.
We may also share your information with our subcontractors, agents, consultants, financial institutions, credit/debit card payment processors, business partners, vendors and service providers, but we generally only authorize them to use such information for our benefit, for instance, to process your order and to better communicate and provide appropriate offers to you and your gift recipient.
In addition, we may make such information (except for credit/debit card numbers, expiration dates and CVV codes, unless you consent otherwise), including aggregated information, available to selected third parties including, but not limited to, those who share or rent information for direct marketing purposes.
We may use your information to match it with other public and private data sources (such as the U.S. Postal Service and publicly available consumer data warehouses) or the records of our business partners solely to enhance our records and keep them current (such as by updating your profile with a new address, interests, and the like). We also may work with other third parties who also possess your information in order to engage in advertising and other promotional services, for example, to enhance one or both of our advertising or promotional endeavors.
- Change of Business.
We may transfer your information in connection with the sale, lease, license, assignment (of part, or all, of our business), acquisition, merger, reorganization or change of control of the Company, our Affiliates, or the division responsible for the Service with which your information is associated, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding.
- For Legal Purposes.
- Social Media.
Where we store your information
How long we keep your personal information
We may retain your information in accordance with our data retention policies and for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements, or until you request us to stop using it. We may, however, keep some of your personal information to ensure that we comply with your request not to use your personal information or comply with your right to erasure. For example, we must keep your request to be erased, even if it includes your personal data, until such time as you are no longer our customer.
If you have questions about our data retention policies, or would like a copy of such, please contact us as noted below.
How your information is secured
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at feedback@Carolynvintage.com .
If you place an order on our Website, it encrypts the credit/debit card number you submit prior to transmission over the Internet using secure socket layer (SSL) encryption technology. This technology works best when the website is viewed using Microsoft Edge®, Google Chrome®, Mozilla Firefox®, and Apple Safari® browsers. However, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Although we make reasonable efforts to safeguard personal information once we receive it, we cannot warrant the security of information we receive.
Portions of the Service (such as our Member registration and Address Book) may require registration and log-in processes in which you will select a user ID and password (collectively, the “Password”). Passwords provided to you by us are the confidential property of the Company and may be used by you solely for your individual use of the Service (and otherwise as specified by us). You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any Password and for all activities that occur using your Password, whether or not authorized by you. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your Password or accounts.
How to limit the use of or modify your information
We want to communicate with you only to the extent you want to hear from us.
Any promotional email we send to you (or your gift recipient after consent) will include an “unsubscribe” link to use or a link to opt-out of receiving further promotional emails from the sender.
If you wish to set your preferences concerning promotional communications, or you prefer not to have your personal information shared with third parties, please let us know by contacting us as noted below in the “How to Contact Us” section and identify your preferences regarding promotional communications and the sharing of your contact information. Your instructions will be processed as soon as reasonably practicable and in accordance with law.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits customers, who are residents of California, to request information about their personal information, if any, that the Carolynvintage.com , Inc. family of brands discloses to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
To make such a request, please write to us at:
If you would like to update or correct information previously provided to us, please contact us as indicated below in the “How to Contact Us” section. Upon your written request, we will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
Members can directly access, modify and update their membership information (including name, mailing address, birth date, telephone number and email address) by accessing the password-protected “Update Membership” page.
What if I choose not to give you my personal information
You are not obligated to provide us your personal information. However, if the personal information is necessary in order to supply goods or services to you under a contract or an order between you and the Company and you do not give us your personal information, then we will not be able to enter into that contract or honor that order for goods or services.
Links to other web sites
We may provide you with the ability to log into our Service using a social media account, such as Facebook Connect. We do not control the activities of such social media services and have no control over the data they collect or their privacy practices. You should review their privacy practices before using any such social media service.
How to contact us
Please contact us by any method indicated below:
- Email us at: privacy@Carolynvintage.com from the email address which you wish to have removed (i.e. not shared with third parties), and include your postal mailing address in the message;
- Write to us at:
Customer Satisfaction Department
When contacting us, please include or tell us your mailing address, and if you have a catalog, brochure, email or other mailing label from us, please include it with your request or have it ready when you call.
If you would like to update or correct information previously provided to us, please send an e-mail with your new information, including your complete name, postal address, and email address to: info@Carolynvintage.com
The Company may change this Policy from time to time in the future. Any such changes will be posted here. We advise you to check back frequently to see any updates or changes.